Saturday, April 24, 2010

Clouds - a poem









































I wrote this poem a long time ago when a teacher asked me to write something for the school newsletter. It didn't get in eventually, but I still remember it. Let me know what you think.
----------------------------------------------------------
Clouds


Why do clouds exist ?
Some days when I have time
I look out of windows in search of a rhyme
I now see the clouds and wonder why
Is it that they so coolly pass us by?


Though I had to cudgel my brains to find explanations,
Here they are listed for your convenience

But before you read them, know this:
Science was not considered while making this list
I thought this was a more interesting way to pass my time
So please don’t consider this omission a crime
(Well here goes: )




First, when clouds pass by
and hide the sky
Do they say that heaven’s bright light must
Always be hidden from us?
Second, do they mock us as they go
That there will always be something we don’t know?
Do they warn us, when life seems to have paused
That we must stop grieving because
Life will go on?


Do clouds with their never-ending patterns and shapes
Show us the beauty of nature and the things she makes?
Do clouds try to show us with their changing form
That life, while moving, should be changing along ?
(Also that adaptability,
Is a useful ability)




While I would like to write more,
I must restrict the length
Because this poem is the for the newsletter,
and not something I meant
to do. So thank you clouds for helping me when
I needed inspiration and picked up my pen!




 - Charu

6 comments:

Sharmada Nagarajan said...

heyy, i must really confess that u r truly amazing...ur poems are vivid and pleasant!!!i luv it

Charu said...

@Vivarjitha: Thank you!

Sharmada Nagarajan said...

hey, chek out my new poem! nd u r welcome

Charu said...

@Vivarjitha: Am on my way...

Vintage Obsession said...

This did not make it to the newsletter what were they looking one from Sinatra ?? its good girl:)

Charu said...

@Vinatage Obsession: First of all, thanks!
Actually, they wanted me to edit out some parts of the poem to make it a bit more "serious", and I wasn't very keen on doing that.