Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Happy birthday wish to a friend :)

If  I've not shared this before, I love birthdays! I really enjoy wishing people "Happy Birthday!" (and being wished in my turn ;) )  Cards, gifts, phone calls, ecards - They seem like a really great way to celebrate somebody else, an opportunity to take time out of our busy lives and share in another person's. One of my joys was and is sending across happy birthday wishes and hearing later how they brought a smile to someone else's face. But now at the risk of sounding a little preachy, let me skip straight to the more interesting birthday girl :)

A long time ago, on the 12th of June, a very special little girl was born...But fast forward the fairy tale and you'll meet the one really awesome teenager...of today!

I'd seen some of Nil's talents as a singer and a public speaker. But I've known her much better as a wonderfully imaginative writer, a sunny-side-up blogger and as a very motivating friend. We've spent time together chatting about all sorts of "intelligent" things, flexing our sarcasm and commenting on each other's work. And I treasure many of those moments. I owe Nil for getting me started on blogging myself. And I do love reading her work.

To itne sab ke baad, ek birthday wish to banta hai na?


 HAPPY BIRTHDAY NILANJANA!!!  


I'm sure she's having fun right now celebrating with friends and family. And I hope it'll give her lots of new happy memories she can treasure in the new year to come. I don't think I'm a good enough writer to do justice to well, expressing all the awesomeness of this one person. But if it's the thought that counts, some of my good wishes are:

Ahem...dear Nilanjana

A simple celebration, a gathering of friends, here is wishing you great happiness and a joy that never ends

Count your life by smiles, not tears.
Count your age by friends, not years.

And of course remember, you'll be this age for only one year but you'll be awesome forever. Your best years are still ahead !

You're honestly very special as the smart, funny, crazy person you are. I'm confident you have an exciting and truly meaningful life ahead. And I hope you'll be able to live every moment cheerfully and cross every challenge on the way to your dreams. Happy birthday dear.
(Oh and let me know when you win that Nobel prize...)

 



I got the pic here

4 comments:

Rem. said...

thats my best friend :)

nil said...

Chhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Charu charu chaaarruuu! That was ADORABLE. Thank you so very much, and even tho I should be running right now (tuition calls) I just HAD to comment on this!
It's the sweetest post ever, thank you, you're so kind!

And nobel prize- LOL, not to sure about that one, but hell yeah I treasure friends like you. I'm indeed lucky. Thanks sweetheart :)


And Remya. Just-----> :")

Sharmada Nagarajan said...

this is such a beautiful post....and a happy b'day to ur friend:-)

Charu said...

@Remya: :)


@Nil: I'm soooooooooo glad you liked it so much. It's as much as I'd hoped for :D


@Vivarjitha: Thank you Vivarjitha :)